Educationally Stimulating! Great Craic!
The Toy Soldier Factory offers groups a combination of fun and education with a difference all in one location! Europe’s only Toy Soldier Factory has situated halfway between Killarney town and Cork City on the main N22 road only a short distance from Macroom town.
Our tours give a first-hand learning experience of how an old factory works. The factory produces hundreds of different black rubber moulds that allow you to cast your own model soldiers, chess sets, animals and other figurines in metal as many times as you wish.
There’s no fake machinery or actors – it’s a REAL working factory, with REAL workers and REAL processes. Our tours give a first-hand learning experience that includes visual and tactile methods. A group member is asked to take part in each of the manufacturing processes, including vulcanizing, metal spin casting, moulding, blister packing and labelling the Toy Soldier figurines.
€7 Package p.p
• Watch closely as a Tin Soldier is cast in real metal right before your eyes
• See the step by step demonstration
• Meet the mould maker who shows you the mould making process
• A student from each group is asked to spin a figurine
• Get to see how our products are blister packed
• Learn about the history of the Prince August brand
• See what the future holds for you with our latest interactive activity ‘Casting in Water’.
TOUR DURATION: 1 hour and 45 mins.
€10 Package p.p
Make & Paint your very own figure: Come in the morning or the afternoon. Spend 3 hours in our workshop section. No experience required! People of all ages can enjoy painting miniatures. Pieces come in a range of styles and sizes. The novice painter can get help from our friendly staff who are happy to explain the process and choices.
• Watch closely as a Tin Soldier is cast in real metal right before your eyes with a live demonstration
• Learn the History of Prince August & the Lord of the Rings range of products we stock
• Each person in the group gets to choose a figurine they want to paint.
• Everyone is directed to the creative corner to paint their chosen figure.
• Afterward take your masterpiece home.
What can you create?
• Soldiers from different countries and times can be chosen to stimulate historical interest
• Keepsake fairies, ballerina & cute hearts
• Christmas decorations & teddy bears
• Personalised fridge magnets
We can also provide tea/coffee & homemade scone to the package above (€2 extra p.p)
For further inforamtion: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 353 (0) 26 40342