Hands on Experience!
Educationally Stimulating! Great Craic!
- Watch closely as a Tin Soldier is cast in real metal right before your eyes
- See the step by step demonstration
- Meet the mould maker who shows you the mould making process
- A student from each group is asked to spin a figurine
- Students get to see how our products are blister packed
- Learn about the history of the Prince August brand
- See what the future holds for you with our latest interactive activity ‘Casting in Water’. Each student partakes in this activity. This has always been the highlight of the tour for students in the past!!
TOUR DURATION: 1 hour and 45 mins.
Minimum of 12 Students
Maximum 65 Students
Painting Workshops: Come in the morning or the afternoon. Spend 3 hours in our workshop section. Students ages 9+ will enjoy painting miniatures. The figures come in a range of styles and sizes. No experience needed. The novice painter gets help from our experienced and friendly staff who are always more than happy to explain the process.
- Watch closely as a Tin Soldier is cast in real metal right before your eyes with a live demonstration
- Learn the History of Prince August & the Lord of the Rings range of products we stock
- Each student gets to choose a figurine they want to paint
- Then each student is directed to the creative corner to paint their chosen figure
- Each student takes their master piece home along with a painting pack which includes paints and a brush in case they need to add any finishing touches at home
- See our Facebook images of what our customers have created.
What can you create?
- Soldiers from different countries and times can be chosen to stimulate historical interest
- Keepsake fairies, ballerina & cute hearts
- Christmas decorations & teddy bears
- Gifts for Mum, Dad, teachers, weddings, Christmas and more
- Personalised fridge magnets
TOUR DURATION: 2 hours
New 2017: SCHOOL HISTORY TRIP TO THE BATTLE OF WATERLOO EXHIBIT
2017 New History Package €10
Includes: €7.00 Package for an extensive tour of the factory and for just an extra €3.00 the students will receive a guided tour of the Battle of Waterloo Exhibit.
200th year anniversary 1815-2015
On the 18th June 1815, over rolling countryside between two ridges 11 miles south of Brussels, the entire course of European history changed. On the Battlefield at Waterloo, the tactical skill and staying power of the IRISH BORN The Duke of Wellington opposed Napoleon Bonaparte’s brilliance, in an effort to decide the providence of Europe.
If you have never been to Waterloo, or indeed to any battlefield, there’s no fear as the Toy Soldier Factory displays “The Battle of Waterloo” in a huge Diorama measuring 26 x 13 feet (8×4 Metres) in size. Most probably the World’s largest Battle scene, it houses 15,000 hand cast and hand painted figures from the Prince August range of moulds.
Did you know it has been estimated that anything up to 30-40% of the army which defeated Napoleon at the battle of Waterloo were Irish.
The benefits of a guided tour:
Our expert guides will bring the sites to life for your students; they will:
- Understand why the battle is still remembered 200 years on
- Explore how earlier battles and wars contributed to the battle plans and tactics
- Examine the leadership of the Dublin born Duke of Wellington
- Click here to learn more about the Exhibit
- Minimum of 12 Students